Benvenuti, Bienvenue, Bienvenida, Hos geldin, مرحبا بكم, ברוכים הבאים, Welcome!

Hi there,

Welcome to my little corner of the planet. It may change physically, but my life is always evolving and things are always happening; sometimes hysterical, sometimes heart-wrenching, but never, ever dull. Masallah!

Nicole Silverman, Zazoo's Mama

Friday, September 30, 2011

Is Bullwinkle gonna be pissed or...

...how to get the express breakfast.

The sun didn't break over the Orienta horizon yet. I tossed on a windbraker as I walked the yard first and then came back to let out good old Mr. Zazoo this morning. I went in to prepare ilili's food, then serve it while the coffee was brewing and the milk was warming in the micro. Ah, nice, hot, magnificent smelling coffee, first thing!

So I brought the coffee upstairs to the bath and was just about to take a sip when I glanced out the window to see Zazoo. I just like to look at him and admire his beauty.

But he wasn't near the humongous oak. I looked to the end of the yard. No Zazoo. Damn, dis he jump the brick wall this early? I sucked a long sip but didnt taste it and ran back down the stairs. I looked out the den window to see him sitting in an unnatural spot for him. His head was in an awkward position.
"Dammit!" he has something. I barked out orders to the sleeping Jewel and he followed me into the yard. He got the shovel and I turned on the hose. Zaz had a grey squirrel that he wasn't about to give it up easily. We chased him with the poor squirrel dangling out of his mouth, back to the house where the hose would reach him. I put my thumb on the nozzle to make the stream forceful and let him have it until he surrendered. He finally relented.

I told the Jewel to shovel up Rocky J. While I washed off Zaz's beard, ears and paws. Rocky joined the Wabbit from earlier this week apparently because the Jewel didn't look into the bin but said it reeked. the bin boys are gonna love me! Note to self: Big fat envelope.

Another note ro self: figure out how/why these animals must come into our garden when they know the "King of the Jungle" is on patrol. This thought might keep me busy on the long flight to Istanbul. Or will it? You be the judge.